There are occasions when you are uncomfortable with your present social media username and would want a different one.
Like other popular messaging applications, Snapchat allows you to modify your name. For years, the only thing you could do was modify your Snapchat display name.
Now, the messaging platform is introducing a new feature that allows you to change your real username without deleting your account. If you’re seeking for a means to change your Snapchat username, continue reading to learn how.
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Tap your Bitmoji in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the settings icon in the top-right corner.
- Under My Account, tap Username.
- Now enter your desired username in the text box.
- If your username of choice is available, tap the blue Next button.
Make a New Snapchat Account and Username
Another way to change your Snapchat username is to create an entirely new account. If you choose this option, you will manually add your friends to your new account. Here’s how to save your friends’ Snapchat names and then create a new account.
If you create a new Snapchat account, you lose data from your old account, including your current snapcode, snap score, snap streaks, best friends, conversations, and trophies you earned.
- Select Chat and choose the New Chat icon in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to All to view your friends in alphabetical order. Write down each name or take a screenshot of the list. Select the X in the upper-right corner to cancel the New Chat.
- Search for the first friend in your list by typing their name in the search field at the top of the screen.
- RELATED: How To Delete My Instagram Account In 2022
Write down the username that appears under their Display Name. Repeat #4 to find all of your friends’ usernames.
- Select the X in the search bar to exit search. Select your profile/Bitmoji icon and then choose the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access Settings.
- Select Log Out at the bottom of the Settings list, and confirm that you want to log out of your account.
- Select Sign Up to create a new account with your new username.
- After you complete the account setup process for your new account, select the magnifying glass icon to search for your friends’ usernames. Select Add to add them.